This year has been wonderful for interactions with other bloggers, cementing friendships and even learning new facts about each other. You know already I’m a huge fan of Lee’s Hall of Information, and his commitment to writing never ceases to amaze me.
Have you read Jack Thorn: A Story of the Future:
He’s kindly nominated Thinking Moon for the Sunshine Blogger Award and I couldn’t be more humbled. He is always out there supporting other indie authors by reviewing their work, keeping up his blog, writing books and plays.
He has published four books which are available on Amazon.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
My questions for nominees:
Why did you start blogging?
Sometimes when I’m writing my blog I ask myself the same thing. Am I adding value? Is my writing good enough? Are people enjoying it? Eventually, I realised that it didn’t really matter because two things were happening. I was practising my writing skills and I was joining a wonderful community.
To make a long story short, to practice and have a portfolio to show people.
Who is your go-to blogging influence/blogger that inspires you?
There are a good few, and Lee is definitely one of them. I adore Megan from A Geeky Gal, she is so inspirational. Finally (there are more these are just the main ones), A Stoner On A Rollercoaster. She published her own poetry book this year and it is genuinely beautiful.
Name 3 music albums that shaped your life?
Ooohhhhhh really hard to narrow it down but definitely “Hotel California,” by the Eagles, “Jagged Little Pill,” by Alanis Morrisette, and finally “Fumbling Towards Ecstacy,” by Sarah McLachlan. I grew up listening to the Eagles and still love them to this day.
Alanis has many excellent albums, but this was the first one that made me realise that women can be badass rocks stars too. Finally, two of Sarah McLachlan’s song were featured in Buffy The Vampire Slayer season finales, so, need I say anymore?
Is there something out there who you think is underrated?
There is so much out there that is underrated, especially when it comes to art. There are so many musicians I love that are just scraping by. However for fun: Mooncake is totally underrated! Final Space is a great show and I just don’t think it gets the love it deserves.
Which season of the year do you prefer and why?
I was born in Spring but I’ve always felt like an Autumn child. I love the colours, the cosiness and of course, HALLOWEEN! Last year throughout October I had some very special blog posts and stories. So look out for that again this year.
Name a television show or film you couldn’t live without?
Hahahahaa BUFFY! The show, not the movie.
What are you currently reading?
I am currently reading new and rereading anthropology books. I am currently writing that section of my thesis at the moment. I just reread “The Forest People” by Colin M. Turnbull. This is the third time I read it and I still love it to this day. I highly recommend it you don’t need to be an anthropologist to enjoy it.
What are you currently writing?
My PhD confirmation transcript! I have an exam in November where I basically present my research so far and they say whether or not it’s good enough to go on! This is me below presenting my research to the faculty back in May so they can review what I’m doing.
Name something you don’t like but ‘everyone’ else does?
People are obsessed with pancakes and I just don’t get them. I’d much prefer something else for breakfast. Don’t worry if you’re offended by that Le’Boo thinks I’m crazy.
Do you have a profession outside of writing/blogging?
I’m an academic, and a trained anthropologist.
Name a place you’ve always wanted to visit but never have?
The Atacama desert in Chile, because it’s reportedly one of the best places to view the night sky and all the stars.
These nominees have less than 100 followers because I would like to spread the love for those working hard regardless of the size of their blog.
- Parufog – Paranormal UFO Group
- Dalen – Dalen Flynn. (Dalen how do you not have thousands of followers!?)
- Va Va Voom Vintage.
- Lynnie – You Are Strong For Surviving.
- Adnke – Bruxa Livra.
- Mytutosblog – Technology News
- Not Sorry Feminism.
- The Fandom Jumper.
- Pussy Tantrum – Bunnula TV.
- Psychobitchslytherin – Bipolar Rollercoaster.
- Anovicescribe – acolourofme.
- If you were an animal(real or mythical) which would you be? Logically, not what you’d want to be.
- When you get up in the morning, what is the first thing you think? Is it positive or negative?
- Which fictional world, book or otherwise would you like to live in?
- If you could meet your favourite fictional character, but only as their villain, who would that be?
- If you could build a theme park of any theme which would it be?
- What’s the furthest you’ve ever travelled? In Kilometres (or Miles, if you’re into that).
- Do you have any animal or plant friends?
- What’s the weirdest job you’ve ever worked?
- Do you have an obsession others find strange?
- The ultimate 90s question. Oasis or Blur?
- Finally, can trees hear what we’re saying? Opinions?