We cannot begin one of these posts without serious gratitude towards the person who nominated me. Thank you Dear-Internet-Kats for thinking of me.
Please visit their page and follow them. There is so much offered over there you will not regret it! They offer advice on how to handle negative thoughts. They write poetry, and they are just an all-around lovely blogger.
Happy Birthday, Thinking Moon!
It’s my blog’s birthday. Sort of. Let me explain, I started this blog in 2016 with my first ever blog post on February 25th. I was ranting about sexism in an advertisement that made me pretty mad.
During that year I posted sporadically, but I didn’t really start my weekly journey until the 15th of February where I posted a story called Shadow Self . I had entered it into a competition, and it didn’t win. Rude.
That was the year I took blogging seriously and I finally connected with so many wonderful people here on WordPress and beyond! If you want to know why I got into blogging I have written about that before in a previous award which you can read here.
So without further ado, I would like to get into the Liebster award, and once again thank you so much Dear Internet Kats!
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an award by bloggers given to fellow bloggers. This started around 2011. The idea for it comes from the German word Liebster, which can be translated as:
Sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Here are the rules of the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Answer the 5 creative and unique questions given to you.
- Write a small post about what motivates you in life (not just in blogging)
- Nominate 2 – 6 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award
- Create 5 creative and unique questions for your nominees
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link to this post.)
- Once you have written and published it, you then have to: Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post.
1. Let’s say something happens with the economy and you only get to choose 3 different dinners (maybe for each season, or a change between the 6 months) to eat for the next 5 years, what would you choose based on what’s available locally?
I would pick potatoes because I’m a predictable Irish person, with real butter (There is nothing like real Irish butter). Potatoes are so flexible I could make many things with them. I would want it with kale, onions, and probably some local meat. Also because I’m veggie during the week so I would need baked beans as well as eggs for the protein.
Is that ok? I feel like that covers all bases.
2. What song describes your mood today?
If you have known me for a long time, I’ve always loved Miley Cyrus. Yes I know she went a bit mental for a while, but if I grew up in the spotlight I’d probably have pulled a 2007 Britney.
Sorry I can never just be succinct (that’s Le’Boo’s thing) but basically: Miley Cyrus – “The Climb”.
3. What is your favorite reading genre, this year so far?
For sure it’s indie horror/thriller books. Can I mention my current read here? Ima do it anyway!
“Darke Blood” – Lee Hall, is my current read. Look out for my review soon! (Also go check out his blog, he’s a fellow WordPresser!)
I’ve always been a huge horror fan, Stephen King and Shirley Jackson are probably my all time favorites but I made a goal to read more indie authors this year.
4. What do you consider to be the most fun way to get exercise?
I always need to trick myself into exercising so the best ways for me are the most obvious. It’s either dancing or walking. Or just random stuff as such:
5. Do you have (or what seems like it could work) some advice on how to stay focused or non-reactive in a scary/emotionally rattling situation?
I feel like I can talk about this with some authority because I’ve lived with anxiety and depression since I was around 13. The most important lesson I’ve learned is that you are only in charge of your mind. If someone says something to you that is mean or horrible remember, that is not a reflection on you, it’s a reflection on them.
This sounds generic but honestly, for most of my life, my extended family (not parents, siblings) have always thought I was odd/weird. I don’t care about getting married, I don’t want children, and honestly, I act really strange. Now I could take that in two ways. I could feel bad because people think I’m not normal.
Or I could realise we all create our own realities. If you are happy with your life, and not hurting anyone, your life is valid, you are vaild. If you like how you dress, what you do for fun, and the people you surround yourself with then you do you boo.
My Nominees & My Questions
Lee Hall’s – Hall of Information. This guy is so supportive of fellow indie authors and an all round sweet guy.
The Vintage Toy Advertiser. This blog brings me joy because it’s so nostalgic.
Sunilmdabral. This human is so supportive of everything I do, and I want to pay it back in kind.
Sheree. Always is the first to like my posts.
Michael Jordahl. Another supportive blogger.
If you have been nominated and don’t feel like doing the award that’s fine there is no pressure. I also have forgotten 100’s of supportive followers and I’m sorry I promise to get you next time!
- Who was the last indie author/musician/podcast/lemonade stand you supported and why? If not who do you think you will bring your support to this year?
- I’m obsessed with tattoos and I know not everyone is, but if you were to get one what would it be. Or if you have one already what is it and why?
- What was your favourite childhood television show?
- What scares you the most, that most people consider to be irrational?
- What is your favourite place to bring an out-of-town guest?